domingo, mayo 28, 2006

Cordoba!!

Last weekend I went to the "Feria de Córdoba". A nice, andalusian, party weeekend. The group was nice: my girlfriend Esther (being hold in the picture), me, and another couple from Madrid, best friends with Esther.

Cordoba was the capital of the Muslim kingdom of Al-Andalus, and its historic centre has been awarded Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO. The nicest part of the weekend, to me, was to walk around the Jewish Quarter ("Juderia"), getting lost in its narrow streets of white houses.

But not only that!! Cordoba, like most of Andalusia, is best known for its "tapas" and laid-back attitude. People will go at noon to a bar or terrace and have a couple of cold beers with some snacks, like this awesome 'tortilla española'....yummy!

Of course, the night was 200% party mood. We went to the area of the 'Feria', were the different associations, university schools, bars and nightclubs, the townhall, the political parties....the "All Cordoba" had their own hut, their own music, and a bar where everybody could get drinks.

Of course, in the South of Spain, every second song is a 'sevillana', so we started practicing in order to be able to teach everybody at London Business School how to dance them...

All in all, a great weekend. The only downside, maybe, is that we had planned it for the same days when the Admits Weekend was taking place in London, with all my future fellows there. But at least I managed to relax after all the stress from the application process, scholarship applications, farewell from my employer....and get some energy for the whirlwind of activity that is going to start now, planning the move to London at the beginning of August!!

On a side note, I completed my application to a few LBS scholarships. The awards will be going out by mid June, so a lot of uncertainty about my financials until then.

3 Comments:

At 6:47 p. m., Blogger angie said...

You definitely missed a very nice admits weekend, but it looks like you had a very nice time, too!

Good luck with the scholarship applications, I am also dreading the June 13th a little bit! Hopefully some good news!

By the way, I put a link to your blog on my blog, there are so many 2008 bloggers already!

 
At 12:49 a. m., Blogger Patxi said...

Tortilla, tapas, mmmhhhh!! I miss so much the mediterranean food! Great to see you had such a nice time on the WE.

Welcome Karlitos to the blogging community! See you around, and visit my blog if you want to.

Hasta pronto,

Patxi @ London Business School

 
At 1:08 p. m., Blogger karlitos said...

Thanks for the welcome, Patxi...indeed I do visit your blog quite regularly. Also your projects (CPI, mbainternacional) which I think are very interesting...

take care and enjoy your holidays/travelling!!!

/k

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home