miércoles, febrero 21, 2007

internship!!!

It's been a pretty hectic 2 last weeks:

  • interviewing for many companies, trying to do well on crac-the-case type of interviews. It really feels like I improve with time. On the other hand, all this Milkround / recruitment process looks a bit random. Why did Company XXX call him and not me?? etc. I've heard some people comparing it to dating: I gave you 2 precious hours, and we had fun, why didn't you call me back?? The most important outcome, though, is that I already have an offer for interning in a London-based company this summer, so I can relax. I will continue looking for other opportunities, though: I am particulary interested in carrying out some short-period projects as a freelancer in the summer term

  • studying for the Finance exam (which turned out a OK exam: the highlight was one of our Brazilina classmates who received an SMS right after the exam telling him that he had just become a father, so he rushed out and skipped the traditional Windsor Castle post-exam pint-sharing). I think I did OK, and enjoyed the beers that night...

  • playing Rugby! Last weekend, the London Business School hosted the 3rd Investec Rugby Tournament, and I had the opportunity to play for the first time. It felt good!! We didn't win, but it was a lot of fun. Besides, it felt like a top-MBA, since the other teams were Harvard, Wharton, Columbia and Smurfit MBA students...
And of course, the other usual stuff: reading cases, doing some homeworks, going out, taking care of the house chores....

Etiquetas: , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:00 p. m., Blogger Daniel B. said...

Hey karlitos, congrats! just wondering how your Brazilian classmate could had stayed focused during the exam, having her wife in the hospital giving birth! I will miss three weddings of my closest friends next year (i will be a 1st year at UCLAAnderson), but this is waaaay different :)

 
At 8:03 a. m., Blogger MBA Pirate said...

congrats...

 
At 5:01 p. m., Blogger karlitos said...

Daniel,

yes, i guess under those circumstances you can't stay very focused...congrats on your offer for UCLA, maybe I'll be exchanging somewhere in the area for spring term next year :)

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home